1. Technology

Free Animation Software

By March 27, 2005

Hush; it's still Sunday in my time zone. There's a whole hour of Sunday left.

Here's the basic list of free animation software that I mentioned before; right now it's only free or shareware, but as the next few days progress I'll be adding free trials or any other free software I run across in searches. It should be a good reference material for those of you looking to dabble.

We'll be moving back to tutorials in the next week. Mostly just 3D Studio Max tool panels; dry fare, but necessary to work in the program.

Comments
December 28, 2008 at 5:43 pm
(1) Deana says:

hey! i was wondering is there any good free animation programs i can download

i use FI flash for 2D animation at my school.
but i cant afford that
and i liked to have a animation program for my computer.

i like to design my own characters
so i dont like simple programs with stick people.

thanks!

December 30, 2008 at 3:30 pm
(2) raymond says:

yes try downloading pivot
it really helps and its fun if you want more than a stick figure go to droids.com

January 4, 2009 at 11:16 pm
(3) Keifer says:

hey i am a beginner at flash animations and never used flash animations do you know were i could get free software or is that illegal seeing as i am 13 years old or were i could i could get simple trial animations. thanxx for ur time

January 5, 2009 at 11:16 am
(4) evilme says:

for a good free 3d animator, download the program “anim8or”, it is easy to use and has a lot of functions and options.

March 4, 2009 at 12:20 pm
(5) brain upture says:

i have anim8or, it stinks…but its good for learning. the program i use is “blender”
you can make pro looking animation!
and it has a game maker that comes with it!
its hard to grasp at first so i would start
with anim8or.

April 1, 2009 at 12:51 pm
(6) cynthia says:

what program can i use to put floting things in to my photographs

April 11, 2009 at 9:13 am
(7) abhishek says:

i want to like that this type software

April 13, 2009 at 7:58 pm
(8) Takamwe says:

It fancy to use animator, but i want to use the program which like the animated wallpaper

thank you for your time.

May 1, 2009 at 7:48 am
(9) Shardz says:

ILLEGAL!!!!!
what are you talking about it’s free download it and have fun screw the law

i’ve done flash and “serif 3D” both of which are a total waste of time if you want to do 3D animations.

May 1, 2009 at 10:16 am
(10) animation says:

Er…Shardz, we aren’t making the software available for download. All the page does is link to where the creators of the software make it available for download, either free or as a free trial. It’s perfectly legal. This isn’t a page of hacked/cracked software or warez. It’s a list to publicly available applications. Comprende?

Also, if you tried using Flash for 3D, I’m not surprised it didn’t work. Flash is 2D animation software.

June 7, 2009 at 7:06 pm
(11) Jase says:

I want an animation program that dosen’t have a trail so the program dosen’t run out, and I want it to be easy to use like adobe flash.
So, you have any ideas?

July 30, 2009 at 9:35 pm
(12) Tristan says:

how do i downoad pivot

August 2, 2009 at 10:05 am
(13) mohsin says:

but iwant only free softwares in animations

August 13, 2009 at 7:31 pm
(14) iffat says:

i have pivot.if anybody wants, send me an email at iffatguliffi @ gmail or you can download it by yourself.

i don’t remember d site right now but search it in google with free downloadable pivot.hopefully you will get it.

August 22, 2009 at 11:32 pm
(15) garrett says:

I need to know if there are any free trials for flash kits like adobe cs4 or 3

September 25, 2009 at 11:31 am
(16) Skye Larkin says:

oh hey i know what your school uses pivot by the way do you have pivot 3 ???

October 13, 2009 at 12:07 pm
(17) shilboc12 says:

if you want to animate for free with no downloads (exept maybe java) then go to aniboom.com and try the 2D animation software. once again its free and needs no downloads. its called shapeshifter and has a small tutorial to it.

October 16, 2009 at 5:35 pm
(18) seemytoop says:

use doink.

October 23, 2009 at 9:06 pm
(19) Karen says:

Agreed. http://www.doink.com Is the best. DoInk provides fun & free animation (& drawing) tools via a browser so no software needs to be downloaded. DoInk clips can be embedded in blogs, websites, Facebook, MySpace and uploaded to YouTube.

December 27, 2009 at 4:26 pm
(20) Tawny says:

Im lookin for a free easy to use program. Kinda like paint.net and adobe flash but totally free and no personal information needed(name address etc.)

February 4, 2010 at 10:41 pm
(21) JIM says:

Thank you for sharing!
This is my gift,a entirelyfree animation software!

Software: Yuzhe Cool Motion Free Version
Publisher: http://www.yuzhesoft.com
License: Free
Comments: Flash and animation software.

September 2, 2010 at 5:05 am
(22) Monica says:

I do agree with Jim’s recommendation. I have tried Cool motion, it is quite easy to use and I love it. I deserves a five star!

September 2, 2010 at 5:09 am
(23) Monica says:

Forgot the link…..

Try it u guys.

September 12, 2010 at 8:58 am
(24) mad chris says:

anim8ors rubbish i have blendor 2 and its so much btter

October 9, 2010 at 9:57 am
(25) someone says:

hi guys im looking for a flash program for a website that im making so i can make a bunch of animations,sorta like eddsworld but i cant find one, does anyone know a good free flash program like that? thx

December 10, 2010 at 5:42 am
(26) Abe says:

I’m just getting started so what is the first thing i should know to be a fine animator?

January 18, 2011 at 4:55 am
(27) michael travers says:

i think everyone should read independent comments about cd earth before they have anything to do with them

January 31, 2011 at 11:49 am
(28) ALee says:

I’m just getting starting with animation, currently I us drawing and painting the old way. I’m an old artist but have ideas that need to progress. Whats the best way to start … FREE?

August 22, 2011 at 6:18 am
(29) aaron says:

ok i am 16 and i want to make anime and rpg’s

i have always wanted to do these things i tried anim8or
i didnt even know how to start and as far as my game making skills go i know how to do 16-bit games with rpg maker but i would like to have a better software for that

a anime creator software would be best dont suggest stick or stupid cartoon makers they are not for me

but i need a anime software that is EASY to use and fun

i would appreciate any feedback and again it needs to be FREE

September 22, 2011 at 11:02 am
(30) marne says:

i REALLY need a good animation software. it needs to be free and able to download. I need it! NOW!

January 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm
(31) yan says:

You could check out the following website – you may find something of use there – should keep you busy for a while

January 20, 2012 at 5:09 pm
(32) Yan says:

Not sure this reply was accepted : check out – http://chippyseed.weebly.com/links.html