That's right, even though I've been using graphics tablets for years, I've never really been able to animate on-screen and rarely produce strictly digital artwork. It's been my habit to do all linework by hand, and then do color on-screen with the tablet; I just don't have the hand-eye coordination to use a standard tablet for artwork like that. Now I don't have to worry about it, with the Cintiq - but not every one has the luxury of expensive little devices like that (even the cheapest one is a hair under $1,000). So here's my question:
Do you use a graphics tablet to animate?
- Yes; I use a Cintiq, Adesso, or other direct-to-screen device.
- Yes, I use a standard tablet.
- No; like you, I don't have the hand-eye coordination to animate with standard tablets.
- No; I can't afford one.
- No; I don't like them.
- No, for some other reason.
- Other/will explain in comments.
Don't forget to vote in last week's poll: What do you use Flash for?